- RT Jonathan Martin could get the start at right tackle against the Cowboys. (Matt Barrows)
- RT Anthony Davis is still in “rehab mode and is not practicing.” (Matt Barrows)
- 49ers re-signed WR Kassim Osgood.
- Cowboys released DB Matt Johnson from injured reserve with an injury settlement.
- Giants released LB Justin Anderson from injured reserve with an injury settlement.
- Free agent acquisition RB Chris Johnson mentioned that he expects to have a “big role” in the team’s offense this season.
“At the end of the day, they wouldn’t have brought me in here if I wasn’t going to have a big role, if I wasn’t going to be a big part of this offense,” Johnson said Wednesday, via Rich Cimini of ESPN.com. “That’s something I’m not worried about. I’m not worried about my role and how it’s going to play out. As a free agent, they could’ve chosen a lot of different guys. They already had some guys in here that had some success. They weren’t going to bring me in here for no reason.“
- QB Cam Newton didn’t practice on Thursday due to soreness in his ribs. (Ian Rapoport)
- According to Rapoport, Newton “needs to practice on Thursday.”
- Redskins released TE Mike Caussin from injured reserve with an injury settlement.
- Seahawks re-signed WR Phil Bates.