49ers TE Vernon Davis is participating in the 49ers’ offseason program.
“I’m here this year because I want to get better,” Davis said on Friday, via CSN Bay Area. “I want to win. I want to develop some chemistry amongst my teammates and get to know the guys. There are a lot of new guys here. And you just never know when this game is going to be over for you.
“Patrick Willis put everything in perspective for a lot of guys around here with him retiring. That just gave me some insight and put a good taste in my mouth, as far as my approach toward the game and giving this game all I can give it and taking it one day at a time and giving my best.”
Dolphins LT Brandon Albert discussed his progress from a torn ACL.
“I’m never in pain. It’s just weakness. Right now, it’s all getting my strength back,” Albert said, via the Miami Herald. “All the hard stuff with my rehab is over with. The first three months were probably the toughest rehab, getting the motion, getting my flexibility back and getting the scar tissue off. All that’s over with. Now it’s just getting the strength and getting active again. That’s going to come with time.”
- D. Orlando Ledbetter reports that the Falcons are working out Miami WR Phillip Dorsett, TE Clive Walford, RB Duke Johnson, DB Ladarius Gunter, and OT Ereck Flowers.
- Ledbetter adds that LB Denzel Perryman will meet with the team as well.
- Manish Mehta reports that the Jets will host Washington CB Marcus Peters for a pre-draft visit.
- Mehta also reports that WVU WR Kevin White, Baylor QB Bryce Petty and Florida DE/OLB Dante Fowler will visit with the Jets next week.
- Climer mentions that the Titans’ brass views Mettenberger as a “poor team’s Tom Brady.“
- Climer isn’t buying that the Titans will draft a quarterback at No. 2.