49ers S Eric Reid told reporters on Wednesday that he’s hoping to sign a long-term extension with San Francisco. However, Reid admitted that the 49ers would still like to see more out of him.
“That’s business, isn’t it?” Reid said, via CSN Bay Area. “You look at any form of business, not just football. They want to see production. I haven’t had that conversation with them, but it’s obvious to me that they want to see something. That’s in all businesses.”
Misi was detained, but not arrest for the incident and isn’t facing charges as of now.
The Dolphins have already issued a statement regarding the matter: “We are aware of the reports involving Koa Misi and are continuing to gather information. We have no further comment at this time.” (Adam Beasley)
- Ravens RB Trent Richardson missed OTA practice on Thursday due to a hamstring injury. (Jamison Hensley)
- Ravens TE Dennis Pitta (hip) said he’s feeling really good and isn’t worried about his prior hip injuries moving forward: “I know my situation more than anyone else. I’m not worried about it. I’m confident being out here.” (Jeff Zrebiec)
Saints HC Sean Payton doesn’t think Drew Brees‘ contract situation will be an issue for the veteran quarterback, as he does a good job of compartmentalizing his off-field and on-field responsibilities.
“He does that extremely well,” Payton said, via Pro Football Talk. “He’s someone that’s extremely focused. He’s been sharp here these three days. I would say it’s been a strength of his with regards to playing, the ability to focus, whatever situation we’re in, and certainly this is no different.”
- Saints S Jairus Byrd is rehabbing his knee, but is still expected to be ready for the start of training camp. (Katherine Terrell)
- The Saints had former first-round OT Andrus Peat working at guard on Thursday. (Nick Underhill)
- Payton confirmed that they’ve moved defensive tackle Kaleb Eulls to guard permanently. (Evan Woodbery)