Home 49ers NFL Notes: 49ers, Eagles, Packers & Texans
- 49ers HC Chip Kelly said WR Jerome Simpson is a player that is “flourishing” and “is worth keeping an eye on” moving forward, per Cam Inman of the Mercury News.
- Inman writes that Simpson could challenge WR Quinton Payton for the No. 3 receiver role.
- Adam Caplan reports that Eagles’ undrafted free agent DE Connor Wujciak underwent shoulder surgery on Wednesday and will miss the entire 2016 season.
- Dave Zingaro of CSN Philly mentions that Wujciak will likely be placed on the injured reserve.
- Packers WR Ty Montgomery could not provide a timetable for his recovery from ankle surgery. (Rob Demovsky)
- Montgomery revealed that he had microfracture surgery on his talus, had tight ropes inserted into his ligaments, and underwent cartilage repair.