- Alex Marvez reports that the 49ers have hired midwest regional scout Scott Brown as their defensive line coach.
- According to D. Orlando Ledbetter, the Falcons will name Seahawks DC Dan Quinn their new head coach on Monday with a press conference expected for Tuesday.
Giants co-owner Ann Mara passed away at the age of 85 early Sunday morning.
“I am sad to say that our mother has passed away,” said John Mara, Ann’s son and the Giants’ president and chief executive officer. “She has been the leader of our family in every way, and we will miss her dearly.
“She slipped in front of her home (in Rye, N.Y.) during the ice storm two weeks ago (January 18). She had been in the hospital since the following day, initially due to a head injury she suffered in her fall. After a few days, we were hopeful for her recovery, although we knew it would be a long road back. Unfortunately, there were complications.
“She loved her family, and all of us were able to spend time with her in these final days. All 11 of her children and our spouses and numerous grandchildren were with her when she passed away.”
- Lions WR Calvin Johnson said at the NFL Honors awards show on Saturday that he’ll help recruit DT Ndamukong Suh or anything else that’s necessary to keep in Detroit for another year.“I’ll do whatever I got to do,” Johnson said, via the Detroit Free Press.
- Albert Breer reports that the knee injury Patriots C Bryan Stork suffered in the divisional round was to his MCL.
- Breer adds that Stork is still expected to start the Super Bowl.