Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: 49ers, Colts & Jaguars
NFL Notes: 49ers, Colts & Jaguars
- Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com believes the four-game suspension handed down to Aaron Lynch is not only a big blow to 49ers this season, but it’s also an issue for them in the future as well.
- With Lynch missing games against the Rams, Panthers, Seahawks and Cowboys, Maiocco mentions Eli Harold, Tank Carradine and Corey Lemonier as players who will need to step up in Lynch’s absence.
- Lynch was in line for a contract extension after this season, but after his recent suspension, Maiocco considers it unlikely that San Francisco would want to pursue this option.
- Jason Fitzgerald of OverTheCap takes a look at the best and worst contracts for the Colts.
- Fitzgerald considers S Mike Adams‘ two-year, $4.3 million deal with $1.3 million guaranteed to have the team’s best contract.
- Conversely, Fitzgerald believes the worst contract on Indianapolis’ books goes to TE Dwayne Allen and his four-year deal worth $29.4 million that included $11.5 guaranteed.
- Ryan O’Halloran of the Florida-Times Union believes that Johnathan Cyprien is the favorite to start at the team’s strong safety position ahead of 2015 fourth-round pick James Sample.
- O’Halloran also mentions that with the addition of FS Tashuan Gipson, Cyprien will be able to play closer to the line of scrimmage, which happens to be a strong part of his game.
Tags Aaron Lynch Corey Lemonier Dwayne Allen Eli Harold James Sample Johnathan Cyprien Mike Adams Tank Carradine Tashuan Gipson