- Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen writes that every game moving forward for 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick will be a referendum on what San Francisco should do with him after this season.
- According to the two insiders, Kaepernick’s future with the 49ers is likely to be determined over the next 10 games.
- Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen mention that the Lions also face an interesting situation with QB Matthew Stafford, who is scheduled to make $17 million and $16.5 million over the next two years.
- However, there are no more guarantees included in his deal, which would allow the Lions to trade Stafford if they felt this was their best option.
- Schefter and Mort report that the belief is that Lions have no intention of making Stafford available for trade right now.
Jason Cole reports that two critical elements regarding the St. Louis stadium project are:
- St. Louis promised to pay potential cost over runs on the project, which is considered critical to getting this project up and running. (Cole)
- The St. Louis task force has come up with a way to get the stadium project exempt from being subject to property taxes. (Cole)
- Steelers OC Todd Haley said that he’s preparing Landry Jones to be their starting quarterback in Week 7 unless he’s told otherwise. (Ed Bouchette)
- Ben Roethlisberger (knee) put in a “limited” practice on Thursday. (Ed Bouchette)
- Titans HC Ken Whisenhunt told reports of QB Marcus Mariota‘s injury: “We’re pleased with his progress, but we’ll have a lot more information tomorrow.”
- Mariota did not participate in the team’s Thursday practice.