“Jim, I had a lot of respect for Jim when I was there – before I got to know him,” Jacobs said. “I enjoyed my time there, but we didn’t see eye-to-eye. I knew a little bit more about football than what they led on.”
According to Jacobs, one obvious issue for Harbaugh was that he didn’t have a good understanding f the Xs and Os of coaching.
“Going somewhere where they don’t have route conversions into certain coverages was just absurd,” Jacobs said. “They’re just running routes in the defense, getting people killed. Size and strength is what they had, and that’s why they won. Let’s be real. They had great assistant coaches, but Jim didn’t know what he was doing. Jim had no idea. Jim is throwing slants into Cover-2 safeties, getting people hurt. That guy knew nothing, man.”
It’s worth mentioning that Jacobs’ time in San Francisco was limited and included a suspension before he was eventually released during the season.
Rob Demovsky of ESPN has a breakdown of the guaranteed money paid out by the Packers to their 2017 group of undrafted free agents.
- Johnathan Calvin, DL, Mississippi State ($5,000)
- Michael Clark, WR, Marshall ($5,000)
- Thomas Evans, G, Richmond ($5,000)
- Geoff Gray, G, Manitoba ($5,000)
- Cody Heiman, LB, Washburn ($5,000)
- Taysom Hill, QB, BYU ($5,000)
- Izaah Lunsford, DT, Bowling Green ($5,000)
- Adam Pankey, G/T, West Virginia ($5,000)
- Aaron Peck, TE, Fresno State ($5,000)
- Lenzy Pipkins, CB, Oklahoma State ($5,000)
- Justin Vogel, P, Miami ($5,000)
- David Rivers, CB, Youngstown State ($3,500)
- Montay Crockett, WR, Georgia Southern ($2,500)
- Donatello Brown, CB, Valdosta State ($2,000)
- Scott Bair reports that the Raiders have signed fourth-round OT David Sharpe and fifth-round LB Marquel Lee to four-year contracts.
- The Raiders have signed seventh-round S Shalom Luani, OT Jylan Ware and DL Treyvon Hester to four-year deals. (Michael Gehlken)
- The Raiders also announced that they’ve signed seventh-round RB Elijah Hood.