Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: 49ers, Rams, Saints
NFL Notes: 49ers, Rams, Saints
- The 49ers discussed potential trades involving TE Vance McDonald during the draft and Nick Wagoner believes he could be a release candidate in the coming months.
- According to Wagoner, there are reservations about how McDonald fits into coach Kyle Shanahan’s system and San Francisco has already brought Logan Paulsen and George Kittle this offseason.
- Wagoner doesn’t rule out a trade involving McDonald materializing if a team has injuries at tight end.
- According to Vincent Bonsignore, both the Rams and DT Aaron Donald “are in agreement” that he has outplayed four-year rookie contract.
- Bonsignore adds that no one in the Rams’ organization perceives Donald as “selfish” for wanting a long-term deal.
- As for a possible extension for RB Todd Gurley, Bonsignore believes it would require a “monster” year from him to justify a deal getting done.
- Mike Triplett says that former first-round LB Stephone Anthony has reached a “make-or-break” point in New Orleans and could be a notable roster cut this summer.
- Triplett mentions the Saints have been frustrated with his play recognition and instincts.
- Beyond that, the Saints signed veteran middle linebackers A.J. Klein and Manti Te’o to contracts this offseason, which only increases the competition for playing time at what’s believed to be Anthony’s best position.
Tags A.J. Klein Aaron Donald George Kittle Kyle Shanahan Logan Paulsen Manti Te'o Stephone Anthony Todd Gurley Vance McDonald