- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said that CB Richard Sherman left practice with hamstring tightness on Friday. (Eric Branch)
- Regarding G Josh Garnett’s absence and whether there is some concern, Shanahan said: “There is concern. Josh says he doesn’t feel right.” Shanahan added that Garnett’s injury is to the same knee that was repaired last year. (Matt Barrows)
- Tom Pelissero reports that Garnett will continue to rehab and receive treatment, as opposed to undergoing surgery.
- Shanahan also mentioned that DE Cassius Marsh and OLB Jeremiah Attaochu are dealing with tight hamstrings and other soft tissue issues. (Nick Wagoner)
- A league source tells Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk that the Seahawks aren’t likely to budge in regards to S Earl Thomas‘ demands for an extension or to be traded.
- Florio’s source mentioned that Seahawks owner Paul Allen doesn’t get emotional or worried about the potential absence of a player who fails to show up while under contract.
- Seattle is expected to handle the Thomas situation much like they did with Kam Chancellor and wait for a worthy trade offer or for Thomas to show up.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said there’s no concern about WR Doug Baldwin being ready for the start of the regular season. (John Boyle)
- According to Carroll, there’s still no change to anything regarding Earl Thomas. He also declined to comment on whether the team is fining Thomas for holding out of training camp. (Bob Condotta)
“He’s been very limited in terms of what he’s done on the field, but he looks great,” Weaver said, via Houston Chronicle. “He looks great, and I know that’s the plan to get him as physically strong as we can just so hopefully we can avoid some of those injuries he’s had in the past that have nagged him throughout the season. So, I’m excited. He’s in good spirits and when he’s in good spirits, I’m in good spirits.”
We have Clowney featured in our Top 25 – 2019 NFL Free Agents list.