Free agent QB Michael Vick says he’s been working out and waiting for another opportunity with an NFL team with the hope of playing one more year .
“I haven’t officially retired,” Vick said on Monday, via NJ.com. “As of right now, it’s pretty much at a stalemate type of thing. Just taking the days as it comes, but most importantly for me, I just have to continue to work out and train. I would love to play this year, suit up for another run at it. I still feel like I could play and there is a lot left in the tank.”
Although, Vick admitted that it would take the right offer and the right opportunity for him to return in 2016.
“It does matter getting the right offer. I don’t think at this stage you just jump right out there and then just take any opportunity even though if this is going to be my last year, which is what I feel like I’m leaning toward because of where I’m at in my life, I do want to suit up one more time, I do want to put the helmet on one more time,” Vick said. “I don’t want it to end the way it ended the last couple years.”
- Josh Reed reports that the Bills are working rookie OL Andrew Zeller on Monday.
- Mike Reiss reports that Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski has consistently been at Gillette Stadium, working behind the scenes as the team took a “cautious approach with an undisclosed physical ailment that wasn’t considered a long-range concern.”
- Gronkowski returned to practice on Monday.
- Patriots RB Dion Lewis returned to practice Monday without a knee brace, but wouldn’t confirm whether he’ll be back for Week 1. (Doug Kyed)
- Nick Underhill reports that the Saints signed veteran S Roman Harper to a one-year, $985,000 contract with $150,000 guaranteed. The contract also includes an $80,000 signing bonus and carries a cap charge of $780,000.
- Evan Woodbery reports that the Saints will host LS Chris Highland for a tryout this week.