- For the first time since he suffered a gunshot wound, Broncos CB Aqib Talib returned to the team’s facilities Wednesday and met with the team’s medical personnel, per Jeff Legwood.
- Talib is not expected to practice on the field until training camp due to his injuries, but is expected to spend most of the remainder of the team’s offseason in Denver, working with the team’s medical staff.
- Cardinals G Evan Mathis recently had bone fragments removed from his ankle and didn’t participate in mini-camp, but is expected to be a full go for training camp. (Kent Somers)
- Cardinals OLB Zach Wagenmann rolled his ankle/foot in practice this week and is having tests taken to determine the extent of the injury. (Adam Caplan)
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles says he missed time because of a family issue and that he’s fine with his contract in Philadelphia. (Zach Berman)
- Sproles added that he’s sure where the rumors came from. (Zach Berman)
- 2016 — $7.278 million
- 2017 — $7.5 million
- 2018 — $10 million
- 2019 — $10.75 million
- 2020 — $10.75 million
- 2021 — $10.25 million
Smith’s base salaries from 2017 to 2019 become fully guaranteed if he’s on the roster on the third day of each league year, according to Vensel.
Vensel adds that 2019 season will be a key year for this deal, as only $500,000 is fully guaranteed on the third day of the league year, meaning the Vikings can get out of the deal if they want to.