Home / Browns / NFL Notes: Browns, Giants & Raiders
NFL Notes: Browns, Giants & Raiders
- According to Mary Kay Cabot, Browns QB Robert Griffin III had his ups and downs during offseason workouts, but has shown enough for the team and coaches to be encouraged with his development heading into training camp.
- Cabot mentions that Browns HC Hue Jackson will likely wait until he gets to see how the quarterbacks perform in full pads and some preseason games prior to naming a starter.
- Cabot added that all signs are pointing to Browns rookie WR Corey Coleman being the number one receiver Week 1.
- James Kratch believes that the Giants TE Will Tye may get the most starts this season, but TE Larry Donnell could still end up with more catches. Kratch points out that Tye has been used more as an inline blocker rather than a receiving threat.
- Kratch notes that the Giants had a tight end on the field for about 1,040 of 1,050 plays last season with about 100 of those plays coming with two tight ends on the field. In the end, Kratch believes that the talent available at the tight end position may lead the team to run more plays from a two tight end set.
- Vincent Bonsignore reports that SNTIC will extend the Raiders stadium discussions beyond the July deadline with the goal of wrapping it up after Labor Day.
- A source tells Bonsignore that the Raiders could eventually hold training camps in Reno should the team relocate to Las Vegas. Bonsignore points out that it would be smart for them to get Reno involved by potential hosting camp there and offering some benefits, as it should boost support for the project.
- The reason things are taking some time is because they’re are looking to get all of the details ironed out and ensuring that there is sufficient support among legislators for the project, according to Bonsignore.
- Sources have told Bonsignore that they’ve already started the process of counting legislative votes and gauging support for the stadium project.
Tags Corey Coleman Larry Donnell Robert Griffin III Will Tye