Jason La Canfora doesn’t expect there to be a robust market for veteran RB Adrian Peterson should he be available in this offseason, nor does he think Peterson will be able to sure significant guaranteed money as a free agent.
La Canfora spoke with a number of GMs around the league who are concerned about where he is in his career and wondered if he would be willing to even accept a one-year, $5 million contract that included incentives.
An NFL contract negotiator agreed that it’s unlikely there will be a lot of interest if Minnesota elects to move on from him.
“It only takes one team to do something stupid,” said the negotiator, “but I can’t see there being much out there for him once the Vikings let him go.”
The San Francisco 49ers announced that they’ve hired nine new members of their coaching staff including:
- Richard Hightower – Special Teams Coordinator
- Robert Saleh – Defensive Coordinator
- Jeff Hafley – Defensive Backs
- Johnny Holland – Linebackers
- Marquis Johnson – Strength & Conditioning Assistant
- Dustin Perry – Strength & Conditioning Assistant
- Bobby Slowik – Defensive Quality Control
- Jason Tarver – Senior Defensive Assistant
- Jeff Zgonina – Defensive Line
- Tyler Dunne of B/R guesses that the Bills will ultimately move on from QB Tyrod Taylor and allow another team pay him a market-value salary.
- Dunne could see the Bills then targeting a low-cost veteran in free agency as Taylor’s replacement.
- According to Mike Klis of 9 News, the Broncos are expected to add a starting defensive tackle to replace free agent Sylvester Williams and another defensive end in either through free agency or the draft.
- Klis adds that Denver also expected to try and re-sign DL Vance Walker this offseason.
- Vikings free agent FB Zach Line mentioned that he recently underwent hip cleanup surgery this offseason. (Ben Goessling)