Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: Adrian Peterson, 49ers, Bills, Buccaneers, Jets, Vikings
NFL Notes: Adrian Peterson, 49ers, Bills, Buccaneers, Jets, Vikings
- Ben Goessling reports that Adrian Peterson remains content to wait out the first wave of free agency before exploring his free agent options. Goessling adds that Peterson is still in no rush to sign with a team at this point in time.
- For what it’s worth, Matt Barrows points out that free agent DE Connor Barwin has a number of notable ties to players and coaches on the 49ers’ roster including HC Kyle Shanahan, Defensive Quality Control coach DeMeco Ryans and DT Earl Mitchell.
- The Bills did not designate S Aaron Williams as a post-June 1 release, which means they will pick up $1,775,000 of available cap space while creating $4,850,000 in dead money. (Mike Rodak)
- Joel Corry mentions that DeSean Jackson‘s new three-year, $35 million contract with the Buccaneers is a true “pay as you go” deal.
- Jackson did not get a signing bonus as part of the agreement, so his salary cap figures and cash are the same in all three years of this contract.
- Corry believes Jackson will likely play at least two years for the Buccaneers, given that he receives the $20 million guaranteed.
- Rich Cimini points out that DE Sheldon Richardson‘s $8.069 million base salary for the 2017 season officially became fully guaranteed.
- Alex Marvez reports that Jets QBs coach Kevin Patullo is joining the Texas A&M coaching staff as an analyst.
- Vikings DT Sharrif Floyd had his $6.76 million base salary for the 2017 season become fully guaranteed on Thursday. This salary comes from his fifth-year option, which was picked up by the Vikings last year. (Ben Goessling)
Tags aaron williams Adrian Peterson Connor Barwin DeSean Jackson Kevin Patullo Sharrif Floyd Sheldon Richardson