Wednesday evening, Vikings RB Adrian Peterson tweeted that the Giants have been making some “interesting moves.”
The Giants been making some interesting moves.
— Adrian Peterson (@AdrianPeterson) February 16, 2017
Peterson could be referring to the team’s decision to part ways with WR Victor Cruz and RB Rashad Jennings. Either way, it’s interesting for Peterson to comment on another team and what they’re doing, especially considering that some have mentioned the Giants as a potential landing spot for him if he doesn’t return to the Vikings.
Former 49ers ILB Patrick Willis still has no plans to return to the NFL, despite being in good shape.
“That inclination (to play) only comes for a split second,” Willis said, via Daniel Brown of the Mercury News. “And then it’s, ‘Nope, nope, I’m cool.”’
- Mike Klis mentions the Broncos as a possible landing spot for recently released LT Brandon Albert, given that new HC Vance Joseph worked with him in Miami.
- Cameron Wolfe of the Denver Post writes that Broncos LT Russell Okung is unlikely to accept a pay cut to be back in Denver next year.
- Denver has until March 8 to pick up Okung’s $1 million option that would add a four-years and $48 million to his contract to go along with $20.5 million guaranteed. Wolfe would be surprised to see the Broncos exercise their option.
- Jason Cole, citing an NFL source, reports that Raiders executive Marc Badain has informed the league that they have two banks ready to loan them money to move forward with the Las Vegas stadium project.
Adam Thielen‘s agent, Blake Baratz, mentioned in a radio interview on ESPN 15000 that he expects there to be interest in his client, despite his restricted free agent status.
Baratz added that he believes there’s mutual interest in getting something done this offseason.
“The first part of the process [with a restricted free agent] is, do they want the player back, and does the player want to be back?” Baratz said, via ESPN.com. “In this case, I think they do, and he does, and it makes way too much sense. They have the ability to do right by him, and he’s far exceeded anyone’s expectations. They don’t have any money invested in their wide receivers, and we can figure out something to do that’s right — this week, next week, the following week, March, April. Every day that gets closer to the end of next season without a deal in place, the pendulum just continues to swing Adam’s way. I think I’m very fair, Adam’s very realistic, and we want to do something that makes sense for the team and makes sense for Adam. Otherwise, someone’s going to be unhappy.”
- Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com expects the Vikings to re-sign LT Matt Kalil.
Breer suggests Bengals free agent G Kevin Zeitler and OT Andrew Whitworth as potential targets for the Vikings to consider this offseason.