- Charles Robinson believes the Vikings’ stance with RB Adrian Peterson could be an indication that they want to retain him beyond 2015.
- Robinson points out that it doesn’t make sense for them to deal all that has transpired this offseason if they only plan to keep him for the upcoming season.
- According to Robinson, if this is in fact that case, the two sides will likely figure out a way to make the money work for both parties.
- Given that the Vikings have shown a strong commitment to Peterson, Robinson views this as a sign that Minnesota could strike a comprise by including guaranteed money in his contract.
- Rodak notes that Buffalo could create $8 million in cap space by voiding WR Percy Harvin‘s contract next year.
- A contract extension for CB Stephon Gilmore could net the Bills $3-4 million, according to Rodak.
- Releasing OL Chris Williams and CB Leodis McKelvin would free up close to $8 million in cap savings.
- The Bills couls also rework the contracts of OLB Mario Williams and TE Charles Clay and create another $10.5 – $16 million.
The Kansas City Chiefs announced that they have promoted five members of their player personnel staff on Friday.
- Chris Ballard has been promoted to Director of Football Operations.
- Mike Borgonzi has been promoted to Co-Director of Player Personnel.
- Brett Veach has been promoted to Co-Director of Player Personnel.
- Ryne Nutt has been promoted to Southeast Area Scout.
- Matt Donahoe has been promoted to Northeast Scout.