Peterson also released a statement regarding the visit:
“I appreciate Rick [Spielman] and Coach [Mike] Zimmer coming down to see me today. We had a great dialogue and they were able to understand where I was coming from and concerns my family and I still have. We respect each other and hopefully the situation can pan out so that everyone involved is content.”
Jay Skurski of the Buffalo News takes a look at five ways the Bills could free up some additional cap space. According to Skurski, the Bills options include:
- Releasing G Kraig Urbik
- Approach C Eric Wood about a pay cut
- Restructure DE Mario Williams contract
- Offer RB LeSean McCoy more guaranteed money in the form of a signing bonus
- Release RB Bryce Brown
- Ian Rapoport mentions that free agent CB Byron Maxwell is worth keeping an eye on for the Eagles.
- Daniel Jeremiah and Charles Davis identified Nebraska RB Ameer Abdullah and Boise State RB Jay Ajayi as an intriguing fits for the Eagles.
- According to Ian Rapoport, there is a “lot of buzz” regarding Ajayi right now.
- Ralph Vacciano reports that while there has been talks between the Giants and free agent S Antrel Rolle, “it doesn’t sound like they’ve been very productive.”
- According to Vacciano, the Giants are concerned about giving CB Walter Thurmond another $3 million contract and him getting injured again.
- A source puts S Stevie Brown‘s odds of being back in New York next year at “50-50.”
- Vacciano has confirmed with sources that LB Jacquian Williams will be allowed to test the open market.
- As of now, it’s still unclear whether DT Mike Patterson is still in the team’s plans.
- There have been no substantial talks between TE Daniel Fells and the Giants, according to Vacciano.
- Jason La Canfora reports that the Lions are focused on retaining their own free agents.
- La Canfora adds that they haven’t given up on re-signing DT Ndamukong Suh and they’ve had “very productive” talks with Nick Fairley.