Home / Cardinals / NFL Notes: Adrian Peterson, Cardinals, Dolphins & Steelers
NFL Notes: Adrian Peterson, Cardinals, Dolphins & Steelers
- The 8th Circuit Appeals Court ruled Thursday that Judge David Doty improperly vacated the suspension handed down by the NFL’s to Vikings RB Adrian Peterson. (Daniel Wallach)
- Ian Rapoport points out that Peterson will now owe the Vikings three games from the 2014 season which comes out to a total of $2 million.
- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians mentioned that DB Tyrann Mathieu (knee) is likely two weeks away from returning to practice. (Darren Urban)
- Arians added first-round DL Robert Nkemdiche and DB Justin Bethal will likely need less time.
- According to Armando Salguero, veteran RB Arian Foster has been “head and shoulders the best running back on the Dolphins” based his performance during practice.
- Steelers GM Kevin Colbert told reporters on Thursday that they’re open for business with players who are “‘eligible” for extensions. By “eligible”, Colbert is referring to players who are entering the final year of their contracts. (Jeremy Fowler)
- Colbert said he doesn’t see their team philosophy of not negotiating with players who aren’t in the final year of their deals such as WR Antonio Brown changing.
- According to Ed Bouchette, RB Le’Veon Bell, ILB Lawrence Timmons and WR Markus Wheaton are unlikely to receive new contracts, despite being in the final year of their respective agreements.
Tags Adrian Peterson Antonio Brown Arian Foster Justin Bethal Kevin Colbert Lawrence Timmons Le'Veon Bell Markus Wheaton Robert Nkemdiche Tyrann Mathieu