- The prosecution’s request to have the judge in Adrian Peterson’s child abuse case removed was denied on Wednesday. (Ian Rapoport)
- Peterson’s trial is “tentatively” set for December 1. (Ian Rapoport)
- Cardinals GM Steve Keim mentioned during a radio appearance with Arizona Sports 98.7 that there are “several” other players with expiring contracts who are candidates for extensions. (Kent Somers)
Eagles DC Bill Davis mentioned that Smith could continue to rotate between inside and outside linebacker in the coming weeks depending on the team’s depth. However, if Mychal Kendricks returns for Week 8, there is a decent chance that Smith will be inactive.
- The attorney for Panthers DE Greg Hardy said that he expects his client’s trial to begin on November 17. (Joe Person)
- Tom Curran of CSNNE.com reports that CB Darrelle Revis was sent home on Tuesday after he showed up late for the start practice.
- Revis did, however, return for Wednesday’s practice, so it doesn’t appear to be anything major.