Home / Cowboys / NFL Notes: Adrian Peterson, Cowboys, Redskins, & Seahawks
NFL Notes: Adrian Peterson, Cowboys, Redskins, & Seahawks
- Jason La Canfora reiterates that Adrian Peterson‘s desire to never play for the Vikings again has not changed.
- La Canfora admits that Peterson could still play for the Vikings in 2015, but they are well aware of the fact that he prefers to play elsewhere.
- According to La Canfora, if Peterson remains with the Vikings, it’s because it is the only way he could earn his $13 million salary for the upcoming season.
- Todd Archer of ESPN doesn’t expect the Cowboys to have a long-term deal in place with franchised WR Dez Bryant before the July 15 deadline to negotiate with players that received the tag.
- Instead, Archer expects the Cowboys to franchise Bryant again in 2016, which would pay him a total of $28 million over two seasons.
- According to Archer, Dallas is talking to CB Brandon Carr about a pay cut.
- Archer mentions that the Cowboys are more like to move back in the draft given that they’re already without their third-round pick last year.
- John Keim of ESPN doesn’t think Oregon QB Marcus Mariota will fall to the Redskins at No. 5 overall.
- In the event that QB Robert Griffin III puts together a good 2015 season, Keim mentions that a long-term contract would probably make the most sense for Washington.
- Keim can’t see the Redskins targeting an offensive lineman at No. 5 overall, due to the lack of top-tier offensive linemen.
Tags Adrian Peterson Brandon Carr Clint Gresham Dez Bryant Marcus Mariota Robert Griffin III