Ian Rapoport reports that Vikings RB Adrian Peterson is “highly unlikely” to face further suspension once he’s reinstated from the Commissioner’s Exempt List.
According to Rapoport, Peterson is looking for a “clean slate” by this year’s draft.
“Peterson wants to have a completely clean slate by the draft,” Rapoport said. “His point: The Minnesota Vikings have held strong in saying they do not plan on trading Adrian Peterson. They believe he will play for them in 2015. In fact, they want him to play for either them or no one else.
“However, if they are to be tempted with a trade,” Rapoport said, “it is going to come at the time of the draft and Peterson wants to make sure there are no obstacles to him getting on the field in 2015, just in case another team decides to come calling — maybe like the Cardinals, maybe like the Cowboys.”
- Tony Pauline reports that Florida G Chaz Green has already met with the Cowboys, Saints, Buccaneers, Chargers, and Panthers. Beyond that, he’ll also meet with the Eagles, Texans, Bills, Falcons and Buccaneers before the draft.
- Utah OL Jeremiah Poutasi has had 12 private workouts/visits with teams including the Eagles, Buccaneers, Colts, Patriots, 49ers and Panthers. (Josh Norris)
- Rutgers TE Tyler Kroft has worked out for the Eagles, Jaguars, and Buccaneers, and will visit with the Bears and Broncos. (Dan Duggan)
- Aaron Wilson reports that Purdue TE Gabe Holmes has worked out for Raiders and Cardinals, and will work out for Dolphins on Friday.
- 49ers DE Tony Jerrod-Eddie signed his exclusive-rights free agent tender.
- Rams RB Chase Reynolds signed his exclusive-rights free agent tender.
- The Ravens are hosting Mississippi State linebacker Benardrick McKinney for a visit. (Aaron Wilson)