- Dane Brugler mentions that he likes the idea of Mississippi State ILB Benardrick McKinney moving to defensive end in the NFL.
- Tony Pauline of DraftInsider.net previously reported that the Chiefs are considering McKinney as a possible replacement for free agent OLB Justin Houston, which means they too view him as a possible edge-rusher.
Peterson stands to make $12.75 million for the 2015 season, but Florio wonder’s if anyone would be willing to pay him that kind of salary outside of the Vikings.
While there’s been talk of a potential trade, it’s hard to imagine any team parting with decent compensation and taking on Peterson’s current deal.
“It’s easy for Peterson to muse about getting a fresh start,” Florio writes. “It’s harder to seize on that fresh start if the fresh start entails a lot less cash.”
- Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports that the free agent QB Josh McCown wrapped up his visit with the Browns on Wednesday without signing a contract.
- Ian Rapoport of Media (Video link) reports Cardinals DL Darnell Dockett is expected to either take a pay cut or be released.
- Free agent CB Tarell Brown said he’s ahead of schedule in his return from a fractured foot. (Alex Marvez)