“With us signing (Latavius) Murray, Adrian will move on elsewhere,” Spielman said. “…Adrian is probably going to go down as one of the greatest Vikings.”
- Jordan Raanan of ESPN reports that Giants GM Jerry Reese observed Vanderbilt LB Zach Cunningham at the school’s Pro Day on Thursday.
- According to Raanan, Patriots HC Bill Belichick was also in attendance and put Cunningham through some position drills.
- The 49ers, Redskins, Raiders, Giants, Ravens, Texans, Packers, and Cowboys have all had recent individual meetings with Cunningham. (Jared Tokarz)
- The Eagles hosted FSU RB Dalvin Cook for a pre-draft visit on Thursday. (Mike Garafolo)
- Penn State WR Chris Godwin announced that he scheduled a visit with the Steelers. (Tony Pauline)
- According to Pauline, Penn State DL Garrett Sickles has already met with the 49ers, Broncos, and Jets and teams are impressed that he can line up in multiple schemes and positions.
- Pauline reports that Bengals HC Marvin Lewis and ST coach Darrin Simmons were at Arizona State’s Pro Day to observe K Zane Gonzalez.
- The Bengals also spent a “significant” amount of time with Clemson TE Jordan Leggett at his Pro Day, while he also met with the Bears, Steelers, and Jets.
- Pauline notes that scouts came away impressed by Leggett’s 40-yard dash time and blocking ability.
- Bengals QBs coach Bill Lazor also attended Illinois’ Pro Day to scout QB Wes Lunt, according to Pauline.
- The Bengals also showed interest in North Carolina-Charlotte DT Larry Ogunjobi at his Pro Day and worked him out for 20 minutes.
- Pauline writes that Clemson DT Carlos Watkins could have helped his draft stock on Thursday after performing well through a hard workout by Bengals DL coach Jacob Burney.
- As for teams possibly interested in Watkins, Pauline says that Steelers HC Mike Tomlin and GM Kevin Colbert were at his Pro Day on Thursday and that Watkins met with the team on Wednesday. Other teams reportedly interested in him include the Colts and Lions.
- Jets OLBs coach Kevin Greene worked out Illinois DEs Dawuane Smoot and Carroll Phillips at their Pro Day.
- According to Pauline, the Rams and Packers are two teams showing interest in North Carolina-Charlotte RB Kalif Phillips.
- The Seahawks have scheduled an official visit with Portland State CB Xavier Coleman, according to Pauline.
- Portland State OL Cam Keizur is another player from the school gaining interest and his visits/workouts scheduled with the Falcons and Lions.
- According to agent Leigh Steinberg, 13 teams have requested a private on-campus workout for Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes.
- Michigan CB Jourdan Lewis pled not guilty to misdemeanor domestic violence charges stemming from an incident that occurred early Wednesday morning. (Chase Goodbread)
- Jenna Laine of ESPN reports that the Buccaneers met and worked out West Virginia C Tyler Orlosky on Monday.
- Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News writes that several scouts were “shocked” to see an overweight Jets DE Muhammad Wilkerson at Temple’s Pro Day last week and characterized his appearance as “sloppy“.
- One scout told Mehta: “He looked like a pedestrian with a huge gut.“
- Jeff Zrebiec mentions that the addition of veteran CB Brandon Carr (NFLTR) won’t take the Ravens out of the market for cornerback in this year’s draft.
- Although, Zrebiec admits that this could mean the Ravens target a different position in the first-round, but they’ll still select at least one cornerback this year.