I was pleased to learn about Judge Doty’s decision. It is a positive step in protecting players’ rights and preserving due process for all players. It also brings me one step closer to getting back on the football field and playing the sport I love. As I prepare for my return to football, I am still focused on my family and continue to work to become a better father every day. I want to express my gratitude for all of the support I have received from the fans, NFLPA, Jeffrey Kessler, and my agents Ben Dogra, Tracy Lartigue, and Mark Heligman from Relativity Sports.
- Field Yates points out that the Falcons have freed up $11.7 million of cap space since they began releasing players on Thursday.
- Patriots free Agent RB Stevan Ridley said that he would “love to be back with the Patriots, that’s home.” (Sirius XM NFL Radio)
Scot Bair of CSN Bay Area writes that more roster cuts could be coming for the Raiders.
According to Bair, the list of potential cap casualties could include:
- DE LaMarr Woodley ($5.187 million cap figure)
- QB Matt Schaub ($5.5 million cap figure)
- RB Maurice Jones-Drew ($2.5 million cap figure)
- OL Kevin Boothe ($1.3 million cap figure)
- ESPN analyst and former Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik suggested that the Houston Texans could be a good fit for QB Brian Hoyer. (Alex Marvez)