Home / Broncos / NFL Notes: Adrian Peterson, Franchise Tags, Dolphins, Giants, Jaguars
NFL Notes: Adrian Peterson, Franchise Tags, Dolphins, Giants, Jaguars
- Ben Goessling of ESPN takes a look at a few teams who could be options for veteran RB Adrian Peterson if the Vikings elect to move on from him in the coming weeks. Goessling’s list includes the Giants, Buccaneers, Texans, Patriots, Cowboys, Broncos, and Packers.
- Rob Demovsky writes that also wonders if the Packers could have interest in Peterson, considering that they could use some help at running back. Although, Demovsky says that Peterson would only make sense for Green Bay “at the right price.”
- Jason Cole of B/R spoken with several general managers who said they’re more inclined to use the franchise tag rather than sign players to long-term extensions while the salary cap continues to climb higher.
- This is a big change for NFL teams, as Cole mentions that their previous strategy was to use the tag to get players to sign long-term contracts. However, just the opposite is happening nowadays, considering that GMs are more reluctant to take a risk on signing a guy to a long-term deal with a huge signing bonus.
- Adam Caplan of ESPN reports that the Dolphins have hired Josh Grizzard as their offensive quality control coach.
- Ralph Vacchiano reports that the Giants have made it clear they would like to sign DE Jason Pierre-Paul to a long-term extension, but their intention is to only use the franchise tag if they have to buy themselves some more time to finalize a long-term deal.
- We have him featured in our Top 100 – 2017 Free Agents list.
- Adam Caplan points out that the Jaguars have decisions to make regarding defensive tackles Sen’Derrick Marks (due $1 million roster bonus on March 13) and Roy Miller (due $400,000 roster bonus on March 13).
Tags Adrian Peterson Jason Pierre-Paul Josh Grizzard Roy Miller Sen'Derrick Marks