- Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports reports that Raiders suspended OLB Aldon Smith will be a free agent upon reinstatement and can’t sign with a team until then.
- According to Garafolo, the NFLPA conducted a legal review to make sure this is how things will work in regards to Smith returning from his ban.
- Cardinals GM Steve Keim said of the Carson Palmer trade: “I can’t believe we got him for basically nothing.”
- Ed Werder notes that the Cardinals also cut Palmer’s $13 million salary to $8 million.
- Ed Werder reports that in addition to the three former Seahawks running backs the Cowboys have acquired, they also tried to sign RB Thomas Rawls as priority free agent several months ago.
- The Patriots waived OL Blaine Clausell from their practice squad. (Brett Tessler)
Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell offered an explanation as to why they elected to waive WR Chris Matthews earlier in the week.
“We just didn’t feel like we got what we were looking for,” Bevell said, per Bob Condotta. “He’s a very talented player, love his size, love the catch radius and things that he can do. There’s more to it. You have to be able to fit in and you have to be able to make plays when your opportunities come. You have to be able to understand the offense and do the right thing, and all those things together, it just wasn’t enough.”