- TMZ Sports reports that Raiders OLB Aldon Smith has checked into rehab, but it’s unclear what he’s seeking treatment for.
- This comes shortly after a video which allegedly shows Smith smoking an unidentified substance. Although, you never see his face in the video and Smith has denied that it’s him.
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told reporters that they can’t move on from LB Rolando McClain because of “cap nuances” among other things. (Clarence Hill)
- In regards to the allegations levied against first-round RB Ezekiel Elliott, Jones said they haven’t seen any information that would contradict his account of the situation and keep him from participating in training camp. (Kate Hairopoulos)
Jaguars WR Marqise Lee once again suffered hamstring injury. However, he doesn’t think this setback isn’t anything serious.
“I got the opportunity to sit back, slow it down and put the process it,” Lee said, via the Florida Times Union. “It ain’t like we play tomorrow. I’ve got some time.”
According to former Redskins TE Chris Cooley, GM Scot McCloughan injured his hand after he received the injury news about first-round WR Josh Doctson, who suffered an Achilles’ injury.
“I said, ‘What happened to your hand?’” Cooley said, via Richmond.com. “He said, when I found out about Doctson – which they thought was going to be much worse, the Doctson injury, apparently it isn’t going to be as bad – I punched the wall.”
- The Redskins are activating LB Perry Riley off of the PUP list.