Home / Eagles / NFL Notes: Aldon Smith, Eagles, Jaguars & Steelers
NFL Notes: Aldon Smith, Eagles, Jaguars & Steelers
- Ed Werder reports that the NFL will look into the possibility Raiders OLB Aldon Smith engaged in behavior that violates their protocols for a suspended player.
- A video recently surfaced showing a lit, hand-rolled cigarette. Smith wasn’t show on the video, but his voice can be heard and the video was posted on an account that has featured Smith on camera multiple times.
- Eagles HC Doug Pederson told reporters that Sam Bradford will be their starting quarterback at the start of training camp with Chase Daniel as their No. 2 and rookie Carson Wentz as the No. 3 option. (Jimmy Kempski)
- Pederson added that Wentz may not be inactive all year, but will likely be inactive to open the year. (Jimmy Kempski)
- Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell told reporters that rookie CB Jalen Ramsey and veteran DT Sen’Derrick Marks will be full go for the start of training camp on Thursday. (Mark Long)
- Caldwell added that free agent acquisition LT Kelvin Beachum (knee) will be on the field for the start of camp. (Michael DiRocco)
- Jeremy Fowler of ESPN writes that RB Le’Veon Bell has lost leverage in regards to a new extension now that he’s facing a four-game suspension for missing drug tests and the fact that he’s coming off of a season-ending knee injury.
- According to Fowler, all signs suggest that Bell won’t be in line for “market-setting tailback money“, even though a case could be made that Bell is worth as much based on his ability when healthy.
- Even with a productive 2016 season, Fowler could see the Steelers offering him a team-friendly contract that protects them if he ends up in trouble again.
Tags Aldon Smith Carson Wentz Chase Daniel Dave Caldwell Doug Pederson Jalen Ramsey Kelvin Beachum Le'Veon Bell Sam Bradford Sen'Derrick Marks