- According to CSN Bay Area, Raiders edge rusher Aldon Smith will try to get evidence relating to misdemeanor charges of DUI with a prior conviction suppressed during a Friday hearing.
- Smith will also be arraigned on a violation of probation from a prior conviction.
- Smith is currently serving a year-long suspension for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy and will be eligible for reinstatement in November.
- The Jaguars, Dolphins, Buccaneers and the NFL announced Friday that they are contributing $400,000 to the OneOrlando Fund to support the victims’ families and survivors of the tragedy in Orlando.
- Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News writes that the second-round LB Jaylon Smith’s knee is structurally sound, but they’re still waiting for his damaged nerve to recover.
- Machota adds that there’s currently no timetable for his nerve to recover.
The sexual assault investigation involving Eagles WR Nelson Agholor has been sent to Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams.
“The [investigative] package has been sent to the D.A.’s Office for their review,” Police Commissioner Richard Ross told PhillyMag.com.
Agholor is accused of raping a dancer at Cheerleaders Gentleman’s Club inside the club.
However, Agholor’s attorney, Fortunato “Fred” Perri Jr., maintains that Agholor did not commit a crime.
“We’ve been in touch with the investigators, but I can’t comment on the progress of the investigation,” Perri said. “It’s always difficult when something like this happens. [Agholor] has been staying close with his family and doing the best he possibly can.”