PFWA All-NFL Team
The Pro Football Writers of America announced their 2014 All-NFL Team on Monday.
QB – Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
RB – Le’Veon Bell, Pittsburgh Steelers; DeMarco Murray, Dallas Cowboys
WR – Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh Steelers ; Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys
TE – Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots
C – Travis Frederick, Dallas Cowboys
G – Josh Sitton, Green Bay Packers; Marshal Yanda, Baltimore Ravens
T – Tyron Smith, Dallas Cowboys; Joe Thomas, Cleveland Browns
DE – Mario Williams, Buffalo Bills; J.J. Watt, Houston Texans
DT – Marcell Dareus, Buffalo Bills; Ndamukong Suh, Detroit Lions
OLB – Justin Houston, Kansas City Chiefs; Von Miller, Denver Broncos
MLB – Luke Kuechly, Carolina Panthers
CB – Darrelle Revis, New England Patriots; Richard Sherman, Seattle Seahawks
S –Earl Thomas, Seattle Seahawks: Eric Weddle, San Diego Chargers
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Broncos QB Peyton Manning played Sunday’s game and the past month of the season with a torn right quad.
- According to Schefter, Manning sustained the injury during their December game against the Chargers, and an MRI later confirmed the quad tear.
- Pat Yasinskas reports that the idea of Cowboys DC Rod Marinelli departing for the Buccaneers defensive coordinator job is “pure speculation.“
- Bucs HC Lovie Smith said there has been no contact between the Buccaneers and Marinelli.
Cowboys HC Jason Garrett told reporters on Sunday that they have no intention of letting Marinelli leave.
“I know Rod Marinelli has done a fantastic job for us since he’s been here,” Garrett said. “He’s done a great job coordinating our defense this year. We have every intention of keeping Rod Marinelli in his current role as defensive coordinator. We’ll take care of the business things after we take care of the business of today, but Rod’s a helluva coach and has done amazing things with our football team this year.”
- Police found two guns in RB Chris Johnson‘s car when he was arrested last Friday, according to Rich Cimini.
- Johnson reportedly lied to police saying he was in possession of just one firearm.
- CB Byron Maxwell is “feeling better,” but his status for the NFC Championship Game remains uncertain. (Bob Condotta)