Three teams stand out in Ganguli’s article as options that could make sense for Johnson.
- Patriots: Ganguli writes that a team-friendly deal could make sense for Patriots.
- Ravens: She could see the Ravens being a “good situation” for Johnson.
- Colts: Ganguli wonders if the Colts want to add another receiver in his mid-30s and if Johnson wants to accept being a team’s No. 2 receiver.
- Broncos: According to Ganguli, a reunion between Johnson and new Broncos HC Gary Kubiak could be an appealing options for both parties.
- Tony Pauline reports that the Falcons, Dolphins and Patriots have shown “great interest” in Auburn RB Corey Grant, who is expected to be a late-round pick.
- Pauline adds that the Patriots have also shown interest in Auburn RB Cameron Artis-Payne.
- Mississippi State LB Benardrick McKinney is reportedly drawing interest from the Cowboys, Giants, Dolphins, Bears and Jets, who are meeting with him for dinner Tuesday evening.
- Joe Buscaglia of WGR 550 writes that the Bills could consider signing TE Jermaine Gresham in free agency if they miss out on other tight end options like Julius Thomas, Jordan Cameron or Charles Clay.
- Colts announced the signing former AFL DE Earl Okine.
The agent for free agent DT Tom Johnson, Bardia Ghahremani, told Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press that his client is looking for a multi-year agreement in free agency.
“Tom knows what he is and the value he brings to the table,’’ Ghahremani said. “We’re not looking for another, ‘Come in for another one-year deal.’ We want to find him a home for the rest of his career, a three- or four-year deal in the right situation and right system… If the Vikings make a fair offer, absolutely I would say the Vikings are his first choice.’’