- According to Jason La Canfora, there’s still some “very real concern” within Colts about QB Andrew Luck‘s status for Sunday’s game against the Jaguars.
- La Canfora mentions that Luck was able to make some good strides during Saturday’s practice, but could end up being a “very close call” tomorrow.
Brees explained to Werder that the turning point in his recovery came on Tuesday, when the inflammation in his shoulder subsided. From there, Brees began to get his strength back, and it’s now to the point where he doesn’t feel like his shoulder is at any risk by playing.
“Basically what the doctor told me was the cuff muscles at times will just shut down if they’re inflamed,” Brees said. “They’re basically telling the body, ‘I’m injured. I need time to heal, I’m not going to work until the inflammation goes away.’ It wasn’t a pain thing. I mean, it hurt, but that wasn’t the issue. It was just functionality. I did strength exercises all last week. The tough part was with the balance between resting it, getting the inflammation out of it and, at the same time, strengthening it.”
- Michael Gehlken mentions that the Chargers may consider re-signing RB Donald Brown at some point next week, despite the fact that they released him on Saturday.
- The Lions officially ruled out RB Joique Bell (ankle) and TE Brandon Pettigrew (hamstring) for Monday night’s game against the Seahawks.
- Packers activated DE Letroy Guion from the reserve/suspended list on Saturday.