Lions impending free agent WR Anquan Boldin hinted that he would like to return for the 2017 season.
- Alex Marvez reports that the Browns’ defensive staff will be completely overhauled under new DC Gregg Williams with only one or two of their current assistants staying on at most.
- According to Marvez, Gregg’s son Blake Williams will be one of the incoming assistants along with Brandon Fisher.
- Armando Salguero writes that Dolphins DE Andre Branch wants to get paid this offseason after a solid year in Miami. Salguero believes Branch could command as much as $10 million per year as a free agent.
- Salguero says that every linebacker not named Kiko Alonso is on the bubble to return for the 2017 season.
- Dolphins LB Koa Misi, who underwent neck surgery in recent weeks, wants to return next year.
Packers president and CEO Mark Murphy referred to the reports that HC Mike McCarthy’s job may have been in danger earlier in the year as “nonsense.”
“That was nonsense,” Murphy told Mike Silver of NFL.com. “We’ve been through rough patches before, and we’ve always bounced back. Though, I have to admit, this one’s a pretty remarkable turnaround.”
“We need another back,” Harbaugh said, via Jamison Hensley of ESPN. “What type of back that is? I think we’re talking about it. We have a pretty good idea of the type of back we want to add.
“Marty [Mornhinweg] believes in running the football, and I believe in running the football,” Harbaugh said. “We have not run the football well enough or enough, really, for the last two years. That has to change.”
Hensley writes that the Ravens could be tempted to take a running back with their No. 16 overall pick LSU’s Leonard Fournette falls out of the top 10 or Florida State’s Dalvin Cook is still available at that point.