Veteran free agent WR Anquan Boldin expressed that he still wants to play, while the Lions and Ravens could be options for him.
“I’m still healthy, still going strong,” Boldin said, via Jamey Eisenberg of CBS Sports. “I still have the passion.”
Lions GM Bob Quinn said that Boldin and the team have spoken in the last couple of months and he is “definitely an option” for them.
“I’ve put him in the category of guys that we’ve talked to here in the last couple of months,” Quinn said. “I think Anquan, he did a great job for us this year. … So he’s definitely an option. We haven’t made any decision on that one way or the other, but he’s still out there.”
Ravens HC John Harbaugh also said at the NFL owners’ meetings that he would be for Boldin returning to Baltimore but he is unsure if he would want to come back.
“I don’t know if Anquan wants to come back,” Harbaugh said. “That would be another thing we’d have to look into. I do believe he can still play at the highest level. His ability and his skills are such that he’s not going to drop off the edge just because of how he plays. I know he loved it in Baltimore, and I loved him in Baltimore. Didn’t want him to have to leave when it happened. That’s just the way things worked out. I’d be for it.”
- Tony Pauline reports that Baylor QB Seth Russell met “extensively” with the Chargers prior to his Pro Day workout on Wednesday.
- According to Pauline, Boston College QB Patrick Towles is another quarterback the Chargers are showing interest him. Pauline writes that several teams including the Redskins are considering Towles as a tight end.
- The Ravens brought in Penn State S Malik Golden for a visit on Monday and “expressed interest” in converting him to cornerback, according to Pauline.
- Baltimore also worked out Arizona State WR/return specialist Tim White as a cornerback, while at least two other teams did the same. He is scheduled to work out for the Rams on Saturday.
- Pauline reports that the Raiders are traveling to work out Bucknell OT Julie’n Davenport in Pennsylvania on Friday.
- Giants QB Eli Manning said he’d be “fine” with New York drafting a quarterback in the early rounds: “I understand that’s just part of it.” (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Seahawks QB Trevone Boykin was arrested on Thursday due to a probation violation stemming from his arrest on March 27 for public intoxication and drug possession. (TMZ)