Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: Anthony Davis, PED Investigation, Raiders & Rams
NFL Notes: Anthony Davis, PED Investigation, Raiders & Rams
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that while the 49ers “would love” to have RT Anthony Davis back in 2016, there’s some concern that he could quit football again at some point.
- Cole points out that it’s difficult for players to work their way back after being out of the league for a period of time and teams have trust concerns about how long they’ll stay.
- With this in mind, Cole expects the 49ers’ coaching staff to monitor the situation closely.
- According to Cole, it could be tough for Davis to earn back his starting job this summer.
- According to Jason Cole of B/R, while Peyton Manning was cleared by the NFL in regards to the Al-Jazeera report which tied him to HGH and PED use, it may have dealt a blow to the NFLPA’s ability to protect the other players named in the report.
- The league specifically stressed that Manning’s full cooperation helped their investigation, which could apply more pressure to players like Clay Matthews, James Harrison, Julius Peppers and free agent Mike Neal.
- Jason Cole confirms reports that the NFL will investigate the video that surfaced online over the weekend that appeared to show someone who could be suspended Raiders OLB Aldon Smith smoking a rolled cigarette that could have been marijuana.
- According to Cole, Smith could be reinstated to the league by November 1st, but it’s possible that this video could delay the process.
- Vincent Bonsignore reports that Tre Mason and T.J. McDonald‘s training camp status is still uncertain.
- Conversations between the Rams and these players are ongoing, but their situations remain “murky“, according to Bonsignore.
Tags Aldon Smith Anthony Davis Clay Matthews James Harrison julius peppers Mike Neal Peyton Manning T.J. McDonald Tre Mason