“Everybody can relax, I will play anywhere that gives me a chance. I’m not picky, I will go anywhere and strive to uplift a franchise and win ball games,” Mayfield wrote. “I commented about playing for Miami because I was talking to a former Sooner in Kenny Stills.”
Here are some of the prospects teams met with after the third 2018 Shrine Bowl practice this week, according to Chase Goodbread of College Football 24/7:
- 49ers: Oklahoma State C Brad Lundblade
- Bills: South Florida DT Deadrin Senat, Pitt CB Avonte Maddox, Tennessee TE Ethan Wolf
- Chargers: Navy LB D.J. Palmore, Miami DE Chad Thomas, Houston WR Steven Dunbar
- Falcons: Miami CB Devonta’ Delaney, South Florida QB Quinton Flowers
- Jets: UConn S Jamar Summers, Navy LB D.J. Palmore
- Lions: Tennessee TE Ethan Wolf
- Panthers: Northern Iowa WR Daurice Fountain
- Rams: FSU LB Jacob Pugh, Louisville DB Chucky Williams
- Redskins: UConn DT Folorunso Fatukasi
- Texans: UConn S Jamar Summers, Pitt OT Jaryd Jones-Smith
- Vikings: Memphis QB Riley Ferguson, N.C. State OG Tony Adams
- Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald says that the Dolphins would like to draft a quarterback in the coming months and could even be open to doing so in the first round if it’s the best player on their draft board.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Mike Vrabel and Steve Wilks, who both completed interviews with the Titans on Thursday, are worth watching for Tennessee as the team is looking to bring in someone with more leadership skills.
- Rapoport explains that Titans GM Jon Robinson is really looking for someone to lead the entire team, as opposed to just working with Marcus Mariota.