“I was stunned when I went to Oklahoma,” the executive said of Mayfield. “I thought Baker Mayfield was going to be a (weak)-armed, run-around guy but I was wrong. He’s got plenty of arm strength and he definitely has the ‘it’ factor. He put on a show when I watched him at practice. He’ll be a starting quarterback in the NFL.”
- James Kratch of NJ.com fully expects Giants RT Justin Pugh to test the open market and get as much money as he can. In the end, Kratch could see Pugh securing at least $11 million per year and somewhere around $30 million guaranteed as part of a long-term deal.
- We have Pugh featured in our Top 25 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list. Kratch mentions that it doesn’t make a lot of sense for a 1-5 team to trade draft picks and take on salary for receiver help at this point in the year.
- As for RB Orleans Darkwa, Kratch believes the Giants will have interest in re-signing him after this season
- Last week, Ian Rapoport reported that Saints LB Hau’oli Kikaha is a name worth keeping an eye on in the coming weeks in regards to a potential trade.
- Larry Holder points out that the Saints’ decision to deactivate Kikaha for Sunday’s game lends some credence to the talk of the Saints shopping him.