Bears HC John Fox mentioned that first-round WR Kevin White (leg, PUP list) will play “if he’s cleared.”
“I think his leg is healed,” Fox said, via ChicagoBears.com. “Now it’s a matter of getting into football shape where he’s kind of been sidelined for some time.”
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Bears are bringing in WR J.J. Worton for a workout on Tuesday.
Browns HC Mike Pettine admitted that there’s some tension within the organization.
“I can’t sit here and say, ‘Absolutely, we’re all on board, 100 percent,'” Pettine said, via the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “That’s not reality because when things don’t go well, everybody has their opinions and their reasons why, but it’s going to come down to a brutal self-assessment and to be able to have the strength to make tough decisions and trust them and move forward.”
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that Pettine is expected to announce Johnny Manziel as the team’s starting quarterback on Tuesday.
- Sources have told Cole that Pettine doesn’t want to start Manziel, but is doing so in an attempt to save his job.
- According to Cole, Pettine believes the Browns would be better served looking for another quarterback in 2016, and Manziel is unlikely to get past his issues.
- Ed Werder of ESPN reports that the Cowboys have “no doubt” that QB Tony Romo would risk fracturing his left collarbone for a third time if he’s cleared to return from the injury, and Dallas is in the playoffs.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Packers are signing RB Ross Scheuerman to their practice squad.