Home / Bears / NFL Notes: Free Agents, Bears, Broncos, Cowboys & Panthers
NFL Notes: Free Agents, Bears, Broncos, Cowboys & Panthers
- Jason Fitzgerald of Over The Cap expects impending free agent FS Eric Weddle to receive a contract in the $8-9 million range this offseason, and mentions the Giants, Jaguars and Raiders as potential suitors.
- As for Browns WR Travis Benjamin, Fitzgerald believes he could command a contract around $6 million annually.
- Fitzgerald could see RB Lamar Miller signing for more than $5 million per year from the Dolphins if they elect to re-sign him.
- Fitzgerald anticipates RB Alfred Morris signing a three-year deal in the $3.5-$4 million range this offseason.
- Fitzgerald thinks G J.R. Sweezy will average a contract around $4 million per season in his next deal.
- Jeff Dickerson of ESPN gives special teams player CB Sherrick McManis a moderate chance of being re-signed by the Bears.
- Dickerson reasons that Chicago should consider giving McManus at least a one-year contract
- According to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, there’s a chance that the exclusive franchise tag, which they would likely use on OLB Von Miller, could end up being cheaper than the non-exclusive franchise tag.
- Florio’s sources estimate that the exclusive tag is currently on track to be $14.04 million.
- Jason Fitzgerald of Over The Cap believes cutting veteran defensive ends Jared Allen and Charles Johnson makes the most sense for the Panthers’ cap situation right now.
- By cutting these two players, the Panthers would save $19.5 million in cap space and have $40 million in available cap space.
Tags Alfred Morris Amy Palcic Byron Jones Charles Johnson Eric Weddle J.R. Sweezy Jared Allen Lamar Miller Sherrick McManus Travis Benjamin von miller