- Falcons WR Devin Hester mentioned that the Bears did not offer me a contract at all during the offseason.
“Chicago didn’t offer me anything,” Hester said, via Michael C. Wright. “They didn’t offer me [a] contract. They didn’t call me period, pretty much. I didn’t hear from Chicago. They didn’t say they were going to re-sign me. All I know is they were just going in a different direction.”
- HC Marvin Lewis confirmed that WR A.J. Green has a “little bit more” than a turf toe injury. (Ross Tucker)
- WR Marvin Jones doesn’t appear to be any closer to returning from his ankle injury, as he was wearing sweats and gym shoes during Tuesday’s practice. (Paul Dehner Jr.)
- HC Lovie Smith told reporters on Tuesday that they are “staying the course” with RB Doug Martin, despite his struggles this season.
“Doug has done some good things,’’ Smith added. “When you’re the starting tailback, you know what goes along with that. We’d like Doug to get 200 yards every game, but we’re not there yet. But in time, he’ll break out.’’
- Backup QB Michael Vick admitted that he wasn’t fully prepared to play in last weekend’s game against the Chargers.
“Maybe I didn’t prepare or I wasn’t prepared, but I’ll tell you what, it won’t happen again,” Vick said, via Brian Costello. “…I learned a lesson last week: always stay ready, always be prepared,” Vick said. “That left a bitter taste in my mouth that I wasn’t able to go out and put points on the board or even help this team in any fashion. So this week has been a different work week from me [and] throughout the rest of the year, it’s going to be totally different for me as far as my preparation.”
- HC Tony Sparano said he’s optimistic LB Nick Roach (concussion ) will be able to play again, despite the fact that he was placed on season-ending injured reserve Tuesday due to his the projected timetable for his recovery from a concussion. (Alex Marvez)