NFL Notes: Bears, Bengals, Cardinals, & Dolphins
- Brad Briggs believes the Bears college scouting director position, which is vacant following Joe Douglas leaving for a job with the Eagles, is likely to be filled with an in-house promotion.
- Bengals signed CB Clayton Fejedelem, K Jonathan Brown, LB Gionni Paul, OL Trip Thurman, and CB Corey Tindal.
- Cardinals signed third-round CB Brandon Williams to a four-year deal.
- Cardinals signed fourth-round C Evan Boehm to a four-year deal.
- Cardinals signed sixth-round CB Harlan Miller to a four-year deal.
- Jason Cole of B/R, citing a source within the Dolphins, reports that there is a concern about the potential impact of their new uptempo offensive on their defense.
- Cole adds that some are worried about the team’s defensive depth to hold up when the offensive is focused on playing uptempo, especially if the offense sputters some this season.
- Cole points out that the Dolphins have three veteran defensive linemen in their starting lineup — Cameron Wake, Mario Williams, and Ndamukong Suh — so an uptempo offense could leave them on the field more in the hotter Miami climate.
Tags Brandon Williams cameron wake Clayton Fejedelem Corey Tindal Evan Boehm Gionni Paul Harlan Miller Jonathan Brown Mario Williams Ndamukong Suh Trip Thurman