- OL Kyle Long has been cleared to practice and is expected to work his way back into training camp. (Ian Rapoport)
- HC Marvin Lewis told reporters Wednesday that DT Geno Atkins will begin practicing on a limited basis this week. (Albert Breer)
- Second-round pick TE Jace Amaro was running the wrong routes in Wednesday’s practice and received an earful from OC Marty Mornhinweg. (Rich Cimini)
- Jace Amaro also had a “brutal drop” despite being wide open. (Manish Mehta)
Veteran DB Charles Woodson mentioned that he’ll play safety for the Raiders this year.
“When I moved to safety a couple of years ago, I was really playing the position as an athlete,” Woodson said, per Alex Marvez. “I was just going back there and doing it because I can play football and for the most part put myself in the right position. But what Marcus is doing is molding me into a safety and allowing me to see the game from the middle of the field and understanding angles from that position.”
He played in all 16 games for Oakland and recorded 75 tackles, two sacks, one interception, three forced fumble and a defensive touchdown for the Raiders.
Woodson was rated as the No. 28 safety in the league last season, according to Pro Football Focus.
- RB Darren McFadden appears to have an edge over free agent acquisition Maurice Jones-Drew for the Raiders No. 1 running back job. (Robert Klemko)
- OLB Jarvis Jones is reportedly “stronger than ever” and has displayed some bull-rush moves in training camp. (Aditi Kinkhabwala)
- WRs Markus Wheaton and rookie Justin Brown have been putting extra hours in order to secure spots behind Antonio Brown. (Aditi Kinkhabwala)