- Tom Pelissero reports that Bears OLB Lamarr Houston (knee) did not suffer a major injury during Thursday’s preseason finale, but there is no timetable for his recovery at this point.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Bengals QB Jeff Driskel broke his thumb and index finger but does not require surgery. He is a candidate for injured reserve and could be eligible to return.
- Rapoport also reports that Bengals’ first-round WR John Ross suffered a knee sprain in Thursday’s preseason game and could be “in doubt” to miss the regular season opener.
- Ryan Wood reports that Packers’ third-round DL Montravius Adams is a possibility for the injured reserve since he is still a “few weeks” away from completely recovering from his foot injury.
- Ian Rapoport reports that members of the Rams’ front office flew to Atlanta to meet with the agents for DT Aaron Donald, who is still holding out due to a contract dispute.
Rams HC Sean McVay said on Thursday that he is “optimistic” that a deal will get done with Donald and that negotiations are “ongoing.”
“I think we’re optimistic. I think the level of urgency has certainly raised; feel good about that,” said McVay, via Alden Gonzalez of ESPN. “Certainly those conversations right now are ongoing, but I think right now, I would say I feel optimistic about it.“