- The Bears promoted Champ Kelly to assistant director of player personnel from pro scouting director. (Brad Biggs)
- According to Biggs, the Dolphins attempted to hire Kelly this offseason.
- Chicago also promoted Chris White to pro scout, Scott Hamel to area scout and Brendan Rehor as a combine scout.
- Bills HC Sean McDermott said DT Marcell Dareus “tweaked” his hamstring during practice: “Marcell Dareus tweaked his hamstring…I’m staying positive. He’s done a great job of being in shape at this point in camp.” (Bills’ official site)
Chargers GM Tom Telesco said the team was discussing a trade for recently acquired QB Cardale Jones since the draft and the presence of HC Anthony Lynn further compelled the team to trade for him.
“Our scouts had really high grades on him when he came out in the draft,” said Telesco, via Eric D. Williams of ESPN. “And then the fact that Anthony had him in Buffalo for a year — that way he knew him — so it was a good blend for us and a good combination for that. Since [QB coach] Brad Sorensen, we haven’t had a young quarterback in our system that we could work with, so he’s going to be one of those guys.”
- Ian Rapoport reports that Raiders first-round CB Gareon Conley‘s rookie contract contains “90 percent” guaranteed money and does not carry any offset language.