- Adam Caplan reports that the Bears worked out P A.J. Hughes on Friday.
Bills HC Rex Ryan explained his decision to fire OC Greg Roman on Friday.
“I met with Greg this morning. We decided to part ways. It’s a decision I believe moving forward will help our team,” Ryan said.
- Ryan added: “Believe me, ownership, myself, nobody was happy w the way we played. But when I informed them of the move, they were behind me.” (Vic Carucci)
- Vic Carucci reports that Roman was known privately to not be the biggest fan of Ryan and was hoping to for an opportunity to leave the team last year.
- According to Carucci, the Bills fired Roman with two years left on a guaranteed contract that pays him around $2 million per season.
Rams HC Jeff Fisher announced Friday that No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff will be the team’s backup quarterback for their Week 2 game against the Seahawks.
- TMZ reports that L.A. Rams S T.J. McDonald has officially been charged with non-alcohol related DUI after his arrest back on May 10th for crashing his car into a parked car. According to the report, law enforcement sources believe medication was involved.