- Michael C. Wright wouldn’t be surprised if the Bears moved on from LB Shea McClellin next year.
- Wright doesn’t see veteran OLB Lance Briggs being back with the team either.
- Wright was asked if he thought Rex Ryan could be a candidate to take over the team’s defense in the even they part ways with Mel Tucker, but Wright doesn’t see this happening.
- RB Montee Ball (groin) has been ruled out for Week 9’s game against the Patriots, but could return to practice next week. (Mike Klis)
- QB Tony Romo (back) will participate in the Cowboys’ walkthrough on Saturday to gauge how he feels. (Ian Rapoport)
- However, Rapoport admits that the Cowboys may not know Romo’s status for Week 9 until Sunday.
- Rob Demovsky writes that the Packers need to target upgrades at inside linebacker given that it’s the “biggest problem his team faces right now.“
- According to Demovsky, it’s a “very real possibility” that J.C. Tretter could see some work at guard once he returns from the short-term injured reserve list.
“Obviously, I want to play and I hope to play, and the coaches want me to play. That’s the plan. But there’s a lot of things that come into account and we have to make the best decision for everyone.
“I love playing. I want to be out there. But at the same time I want to play at my best level and have a good rest of the year. We’ve got to figure out a formula for that to happen.”