Jeff Dickerson writes that the Bears would face a difficult decision if Oregon QB Marcus Mariota were still on the board at No. 7 overall.
Dickerson mentions that it remains unknown whether Chicago would be willing to trade up for Mariota, even though a recent report said that Chicago is interested in the Heisman Trophy winner.
However, Dickerson adds that many within Bears would still be caught off guard if they moved up for Mariota.
- According to Dickerson, adding another cornerback with size would be ideal for the Bears.
Dickerson mentions that safety remains a need for the Bears, even though they signed Antrel Rolle in free agency and still have Ryan Mundy for another year.
- Dickerson believes the Bears should trade back if an opportunity presents itself, seeing as they aren’t one player away from competing.
- Jeremy Fowler of ESPN reports that Browns QB Johnny Manziel has been released from the drug and alcohol treatment facility that he checked into back in January.
Dan Graziano of ESPN doesn’t think it would make sense for the Giants to trade back in this year’s draft given that they already have eight picks to work with.
- Graziano can see the Giants taking Washington DT Danny Shelton over edge rushers like Randy Gregory and Shane Ray, but admits that he isn’t sure if the team actually likes Shelton.
- Graziano mentions pass rusher, safety, and linebacker as the three positions of need for New York on the defensive side of the ball.
Phil Sheridan writes while Howie Roseman will be in the team’s draft room this year, he won’t have the same pull in regards to who they end up taking.
Sheridan mentions that last year, HC Chip Kelly wanted to take DE Taylor Hart in the third round, but Roseman that they could wait. The Eagles were able to take Hart in the fifth round, even though he wasn’t active for a single game last year.
- Sheridan believes the Eagles have “real interest” in WR Nelson Agholor and TE Devin Funchess.
- According to John Keim, the Redskins have not expressed any interest in free agent C Stefan Wisniewski this offseason.
- Keim was told that Washington hasn’t expressed any interest in USC DL Leonard Williams.
- Keim mentions edge rusher, defensive line, receiver and quarterback as positions worth targeting for the Redskins at No. 5 overall.
- If the 49ers are, in fact, interested in trading up for Alabama WR Amari Cooper, Keim believes it would cost San Francisco four picks to move up from No. 15 overall.