Bears HC John Fox said WR Kevin White (leg) looks “very healthy” and is hopeful he can remain healthy.
“I think he looks very healthy,” Fox said, via Jeff Dickerson of ESPN. “With the things that we’ve done, I’m hoping he can remain healthy. There’s been a bugaboo in his career thus far, and frustration. It starts with him; I don’t think anybody goes out there [to] get injured. But it is part of the game, and unfortunately it’s been a tough start. He’s a tireless worker, and I think he’s having a great offseason.”
- Bears DC Vic Fangio said “there’s a chance” LB Danny Trevathan (knee) will not be ready for the start of training camp.
- Browns second-round QB DeShone Kizer said HC Hue Jackson‘s emphasis at the first day of practice was cleaning up his mechanics and “unnecessary footwork.” (Scott Petrak)
- Kizer went on to say that he considers himself a “blank canvas” since he never had a pure quarterback’s coach until joining the Browns. (Nate Ulrich)
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien said he plans to be “more involved” with the offense because “the offense has to get better.” (Sarah Barshop)
- O’Brien believes that OT Derek Newton, who was placed on the PUP list due to knee injuries, could eventually make a return at some point. (Aaron Wilson)