- Bears CB Kyle Fuller (knee) was limited during Saturday’s practice and has been listed as questionable for Monday night’s Week 2 game. (Rich Campbell)
- Eric D. Williams of ESPN writes that fifth-round LB Jatavis Brown is gaining positive momentum with the coaching staff and could gain more playing time if he continues playing well.
- Chargers G Orlando Franklin has been listed as questionable for Week 2 with a neck injury. (Eric D. Williams)
- Williams mentions that Kenny Wiggins or Spencer Pulley would replace Franklin if he is unable to play during Week 2.
The following five players have been ruled out of the Colts’ Week 2 game, according to Kevin Bowen.
- DL Henry Anderson (knee)
- OLB Trent Cole (back)
- CB Vontae Davis (ankle)
- SS T.J. Green (knee)
- CB Patrick Robinson (concussion)
Packers HC Mike McCarthy also said the team has acknowledged Shields’ concussion history and that will factor into how they handle him moving forward.
“Any time any of our players is in the protocol and dealing with a concussion, it’s a concern,” said McCarthy. “That’s why we’ll evaluate Sam each and every day, and most importantly to make sure he’s healthy and goes through the challenges of what he’s dealing with.
“We definitely are aware of his history, and that will factor in on how we move forward.”
Wood also points out that Shields is in the third year of a four-year, $39 million contract. He would keep his salary this season if he retired because of injury, but would pass on $9 million owed next year.